Thursday, January 20, 2011

7 Words About the Monroe Doctrine

In class today, you probably remember that you were talking about Monroe Doctrine and what it all meant in history.  If you do not remember let me refresh your memory. =]   The Monroe Doctrine was put in place on December 2, 1823 by James Monroe.  He felt that the Eastern Hemisphere should stay on their own side.  He did not want European Countries coming back and taking over the United States new established government.  I know that I would definitely not want someone telling me I have to change the way I believe.  How about you?
After discussing the main ideas of the Monroe Doctrine, Mr. Stocker had all of you write a 7 word sentence or phrase on what the main idea of the Monroe Doctrine.
Let's go ahead and read the following funny and really great phrases that you as a class came up with.

Stay away from our side or else!
Do not enter the Americas or else!
~J.M (Harsh don't you think?)

No wars and no spread of Communism. Please?!
Seems a little harsh...right?!
~A.G (Your questioning this? Why? Are you scared?!)

To protect and not allow European interference.
~E.M (Good...Good)

Eastern Hemisphere stay on your side!!!
~A.C (And I want my ipod back too!)

Europe you're dangerous don't come here!!!
~A.S (Translation: I'm scared of you!)

No Europeans allowed on the Western Hemisphere!
~M.R (Enough said!)

Threatens Europeans not to settle our hemisphere.
~J.R (Are you sure?)

Eastern Hemisphere asks for not DRAMA!
~M.M (*Snaps fingers* Oh no they didn't!!!)

American continents not involving with European systems.
~J.P (Good.)

Monroe wanted the world away from the U.S.
~S.M (We are our own entity.)

Well I hope you all enjoyed the phrases and sentences from your peers on their view of the Monroe Doctrine!  Now let's put them to the test.  Vote on your favorite one!!!

On a side note, Thank You all for having me for the past 3 weeks and allowing me to come and teach in front of you guys.  It has been a wonderful experience that I won't forget.  You taught me a lot!  You guys are definitely one of the most fun classes I have worked in.  =] Thank you! Have fun the rest of the year! And don't forget that everyone of you can achieve greatness! All you have to do is just believe in yourself and you will go far.  One of my favorite quotes is "Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss you will land among the stars!"  I know that each and everyone of you can be a star in your own way! Just believe!!! Thank you!

Ms. Ferrill =]

No comments:

Post a Comment