Monday, January 10, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011!

Our new Project Chrysalis logo
designed in our Media Team Class
This past year has been filled with many challenges, many successes, and many great moments with the Project Chrysalis family.  One thing stands true through all of these experiences, we did it together...

This past year I have had the chance to teach two new Elective Courses, Reading, and even Math!  Teaching each of these new courses has given me a new persepctive of the range of material our students cover within a given day at Project Chrysalis.  As I reflect on the past year I immediately think back to the "normal" days at Project Chrysalis, whether during class or after school.  Sometimes we really look forward to the special events that we create at here (field-trips, festivals, etc.), but what I tend to remember most vividly are the times we spend after school creating funny videos or laughing during class.  These are the moments we will miss the most... You know, the "regular" days. 

Over the past two years I have had the pleasure of watching the current 8th Grade transform themselves from unconfident and passive 6th Graders (ahhhh...), into confident young-adults that are ready to face any challenge placed before them.  I am confident that our 8th Graders will truly excel this semester, as they are surely beginning to see their inevtiable futures placed before them (Getting into great High Schools, College, Etc.).  Our 6th and 7th Graders continue to amaze me each day as they overcome even their biggest challenges.

We all have learned so much over the past year.  I look forward to continuing our future learning experiences in the upcoming year and for years to come, because as all PCMS'ers know, our purpose in school is... "T_ L_ _ _ _."  See, I knew you appreciated saying that each day. :) 

Progressive Thinking,

Calvin J. Stocker

No comments:

Post a Comment