Monday, September 13, 2010

Google's Earth

Do we really desire Google to tell us what we should be doing next? I believe that we do, though with some rather complicated qualifiers" - William Gibson, New York Times Reporter/Contributor

"Google is the genie we always wanted, it just doesn't provide the riches, just searches..." - S.B.

"I don't really desire Google to tell me what to do next. Google is not my Mom and I don't have to listen to Google." - S.M.

"I think we sub-consciously desire Google to tell us what to do. We won't admit it though." - J.R.




Recently an op-ed article title "Google's Earth" ran across my Droid screen as I was in route to work (yes, I read the newspaper in the car... and yes, I wait to read until I am stopped at the stoplights). Rather intrigued by the title, I was instaneously immeresed with thoughts and emotions that only select Media Team instructors feel when they have hit the "jackpot!" O.k., aside from all of the akward "geekiness" that has just been exhibited in this last paragraph, let me get to the point of this post. The following article discusses Google and the continued influence of computers and the web in our lives, and what that means for us as humans. In order to convince you to read it I present you with a cost-benefit monologue that may go through your mind when debating whether to spend the next 15 minutes (which is like, forever in teenage time) to read this article.

Question to self: Should I read this?
Response to self: No! I could be facebooking, watching t.v., or doing my nails... but I feel bad about how lonely and sad it is for Stocker to write these things and have no one read them.

Question to self: Where am I?
Response to self: Oh... good, not school. I'm just bored, that's right.

Question to self: What am I doing?
Response to self: Oh yeah, internet thingy...

Question to self: Fly! Response to self: Run! Run! (Note to self: post this on Facebook).
Response to self: No more questions. response to self: Reading... reading... reading...

Oh yeah, the link! Click here.

Progressive Thinking,
C.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment